Thursday, March 31, 2011

True Bravery


I had some questions about real bravery. Of course Roz was brave to sail the ocean, but was that task really worth the bravery? From my perspective, bravery comes from the heart. When Roz decided to sail the world, she was thinking of herself. I applaud Ms. Savage for her task, but it had no good purpose except for the fact that Roz wanted to spend her life rowing. I don’She could have done something to make her life more exciting that would also help others. Bravery isn’t doing something extraordinary to make people look at you and say “WOW! I don’t think I could ever do that”. Bravery is standing up for yourself and doing something that helps others that many people wouldn’t do.
Roz sailed the ocean for her own personal gain. She wanted to be remembered for something great. I think she will be remembered for doing something risky and somewhat stupid. Roz could have been remembered for doing brave and amazing things to help others, instead she thought of herself and rowed around the world! It is pointless and selfish. I think she was seeking attention and popularity around the globe. She put other peoples lives in danger by rowing the world. She reminds me of a child Maybe Roz thought that she was inspiring people by rowing around the world, but I feel that sitting in a rowboat a rowing around the globe is a waste of time.
Roz is courageous for rowing the world, but anyone could sit in a boat and row for months and months. I agree that it would take some bravery, but you don’t need to row the world in order to make a change in the world. Bravery doing something that helps others that many people wouldn’t do.

No comments:

Post a Comment